Terms & Conditions
This contract is made between the customer and Fenster Glazing & Locks Ltd (the Company). This contract and any guarantees issued are non- transferable to third parties.
- A maximum of 50% payment will be due on acceptance of the quote, the full balance is payable immediately on completion.
- All cheques are made payable to Fenster Glazing & Locks Ltd whose fitter is authorised to accept payment or by bank transfer: Account details: Fenster Glazing – Sort Code: 09 01 29 – Account No: 31225641. The customer shall not be entitled to withhold payment by reason of alleged defect. The company will investigate any defects and if necessary rectify to the customers and the company’s satisfaction.
- If Payment is overdue The Company reserves the right to charge interest at 8% above the bank of England base rate from the date payment was due until full payment is received. Following the survey, the customer has a 7 day cooling off period. Thereafter, if the survey renders unable to fulfil the contract at the original price, the customer has 7 days to accept the revised pricing or cancel with a full refund. After 7 days, the customer will be liable for any manufacture or other costs that may have already be incurred.
- Our double glazed units are designed primarily to reduce the heat loss which occurs through single glazing. The fitting of double glazed units will not in itself eliminate condensation. This is dependent upon the environment within the dwelling. The company does not guarantee that condensation in the premises will be eliminated or reduced neither has any representative the authority to give such a guarantee.
- Glass used in the works is of the best quality reasonably obtained but may have minor imperfections and the company shall not be obliged to replace any such as are not covered by the warranty of the glass manufacturer. The standards of blemish acceptability as laid down by the Glass and Glazing Federation shall be used in the event of a dispute, a copy of which is available on request.
- Representative samples and brochures will be used to demonstrate a typical product and its composition. Final product will be of the same quality or better as we strive to continually offer better quality products at the same price.
- Whilst every endeavour is made to keep damage caused by installation to a minimum, the company accepts no responsibility, but will make good any damage caused in the course of installation to plaster rendering or brickwork immediately surrounding any window or door installed. However we cannot guarantee specialist finishes nor completely avoid damage to surrounding paintwork or wallpaper etc. It is the customer’s responsibility to repair or replace wallpaper, paint, tiles etc, or decorations internally. The company accepts no liability for any structural defects at the property at which the installation is carried out. The customer is responsible for any fixtures or fittings that would hinder the installation.
- It is agreed that all products, including equipment will remain the property of Fenster Glazing until the balance is paid in full.
- Any guarantees will only be issued upon the receipt of full payment.
- Products are covered by the following manufacturers warranties:
- Profile 10 years manufacturer’s warranty
- Glass 5 year’s manufacturer’s warranty (other than pre glazed doors & broken units)
- All pre glazed doors & door panels, including composite doors, 5 years manufacturer’s warranty.
- The price(s) quoted are subject to increase to the extent that Value Added Tax is chargeable at the rate ruling at the time of supply.
- All doors and patio doors are glazed in accordance with BS 6262 safety glass where required.
- The original invoice number is required for any service work required under guarantee.
- The guarantee does not cover accidental damage, acts of God or acts of terrorism.
- The guarantee is void where any repairs are carried out by a non company accredited personnel.